Friday 29 April 2011

Wedding, Birthday, off school day

I've been at school for the last two days, which is why I forgot to blog for a little while, but obviously it's the royal wedding today (and my brother's 14th birthday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY ) so I'm off school again. Today's been pretty chill- of course I have been revising and doing other productive things (e.g. watching the royal wedding) but it's nice to be off school and I did get dressed pretty late.

The above picture shows my cool/lame attempt to celebrate the wedding. I'm also wearing a white vest top, red tights and blue shorts. 100% British flag colour scheme for me today. Please excuse the rather frantic look on my face, I'm no good at posed photographs. 

Now, as much as I find the fact we still have a royal family here a slightly old fashioned and strange concept I am happy for the couple and I think, although we do PAY taxes for all their wealth, the royals do contribute to society. The amount of charity work a lot of them do is wonderful and Prince William seems like quite a grounded, friendly guy... I really don't admire the couple's wedding though; with the security, police and hundreds of people in the room they don't even know. I mean Kate couldn't just turn to her husband to be and say "let's just have a quiet wedding with a small reception and one tier cake" could she? There was no choice in the matter. Ugh, I just generally find the lives of famous people quite sad- EVERYONE should be entitled to privacy. I don't mean to put a damper on today but I just think it's unfair that Kate Middleton had to essentially chose between marrying who she loved and living a life of privacy and stability. Obviously, I don't know everything about how the royal family are treated, nowadays. I suppose they get a lot more respect and discretion being, you know, royal but I, personally, think it's a shame. 

Anyway, happy wedding, I'm proud to be British etcetera, etcetera... Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment