Monday 11 April 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 on DVD!

The title speaks for itself. I've just literally finished watching the film and most of the special features on the beautiful, shiny, two disc special edition Harry Potter film. Horray! I do like this film; there are many things I adored about it but, being a Harry Potter fan, I have many moans- but they are legitimate ones. I try not to nitpick when it comes to the films as they are always going to change a few things. However, I do enjoy moaning so I've compiled a list of my top HP and the DH Part 1 complaints (SPOILERS):

1. The first half of the film lagged terribly and all the "making up for plot holes in earlier films" was untidy and spoiled the film slightly as well as causing more plot holes for THIS film as there is only so much screen time. 

2. The way they portray Ginny  in the films never ceases to annoy me! The only screen time she got was to relay information to Harry in a monotone and to stand in the kitchen with her dress undone. Really? 

3. They screwed up the Malfoy Manor scene. I'm sorry! I know many people really like this scene but it wasn't nearly as atmospheric, scary or as horrific as it was in the book. I wasn't looking for mistakes but I found this scene riddled with plot holes, things that happened that were not loyal to the characters and a inconsistency of mood. 

4. They missed out sooooo many beautiful, important and quirky moments/scenes. 

However, I did overall like the film. It's not my favourite out of all of them but it doesn't fall to the bottom of the pile. There were some really nice trio moments in it, the seven potters scene was awesome and I really enjoyed the ministry scene too! I haven't got time to expand on my points right now but I may make a video about this later on in the Easter holidays.

Tell me your thoughts on the film, Do you have any moans? 

1 comment:

  1. I felt like they left out a good bit about voldemort and who he was and hat made him so. I felt like it left him a flat character. But other than that and some nitpicky things I LOVED it :)

    ReplyDelete