Friday 8 April 2011

Feeling Happy on a Sunny Day

Hey, guess what? I'm feeling really happy today. I'm not writing this to shove it in your face (whoever you may be who's reading) but that's all that I can think of to blog about today because it just feels so awesome! A contributing factor to this happiness is definitely the weather, which is absolutely gorgeous. I love the way warm weather makes you feel; free, relaxed, optimistic and  slightly impulsive. It's also really cool to be sat at my computer at quarter past six in the evening, with sun streaming in the open window and only a vest top and leggings on (no socks). It was only last Monday that I was walking to school with my winter coat on! English weather is rather unpredictable but in a charming way, I think.

Another thing that's making me really happy is my friends; I'm in my last year of school and I've finally found the most amazing group of friends who are lovely, supporting, considerate and funny people as a group, and all lovely individuals in their own ways too. It's the last day of term today and I was home really late because my friends and I all stopped half way home, on a patch of grass next to a small road, and chatted in the sunshine. When I did get home I went out to town with another friend to help her buy summer clothes but we ended up on some grass, just as I did earlier except this time eating sherbet and coke.

The summers here in Britain are rather short and fairly cold and rainy but we don't dwell on this fact as we're used to the coldish weather. But this just means, for me, that when the warm weather does come around again you realise you've forgotten just how beautiful, inspiring and cheerful the sunny weather is. I think maybe you appreciate it more when it's short lived...although a warmer, longer summer would be nice. I'm feeling sightly surreal now and I think that's because of the sounds of cars rolling by and my brother playing piano downstairs- I'm used to working on my computer in 100% silence. I'm not obsessive in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment