Sunday 30 January 2011

The Mystery of the Saturday Morning Sock

I wear socks in bed; I have to wear socks in bed because I've gotten so in the habit of wearing them that if I don't my feet are cold and consequently I can't sleep. This isn't usually a problem, sure I use up a few more socks than I would otherwise but it's no big deal. However, recently I've begun wearing a new type of sock in bed; big, fluffy ones which make your feet look like animal paws. Again, this isn't usually a problem...except on Saturday mornings!
Everyone likes to lie in on a Saturday morning, it's the first lie-in of the week and you get fairly ticked off if your lie in is disrupted. If you agree with this then you'll understand why the fact that the last three Saturdays of my life have involved me waking up at seven to half seven because my left sock has come off in the night and my foot is COLD makes me mad... although the situation is pretty funny.
So, people, why do you think my sock always comes off on that particular morning. I had the theory that it is because I am in bed longer and so the sock had more time to come off but that theory is not relevant for the following reasons:
1. I DON'T stay in bed longer
2. I have wonderful lie-ins on Sunday without any sock-falling-off-age

This is a rather odd and possible dull blog post but that pretty much sums me up so...
bye!

And comment if you have ever had this same "problem".

3 comments:

  1. haha, i like your socks, and i have that problem, my socks fall off i the night :@ its anoing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so it's only on Saturdays, and it's only your left foot? Yeah, i think that is weird!!

    BTW, thank you for commenting on P& P. It was getting left out for sure. Actually i think it was one of my earliest posts, when i was my only reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I always have that problem! it's not always the same foot, but it happens a lot. And I'm glad I found this post because all my friends think it's weird that I sleep with socks on. I'm not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete