Sunday 24 October 2010

Awesome Mockingjay Quotes

I will be doing a proper review of Mockingjay soon but for now here are some of the most epic quotes from it:
"President Snow says he's sending us a message? Well, I have one for him... Fire is catching!.. And if we burn, you burn with us!"









"Ask yourself, do you really trust the people you're working with? Do you really know what's going on? And if you don't... find out."





'That I knew that I have misjudged you. That you do love him. I'm not saying in what way. Maybe you don't know yourself. But anyone paying attention could see how much you care about him."





"That what I need to survive is not Gale's fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that." 





"You love me, real or not real?"


"Real"




"I raise my left arm and twist my neck down to rip off the pill on my sleeve. Instead my teeth sink into flesh. I yank my head back in confusion to find myself looking into Peeta's eyes, only now they hold my gaze. Blood runs from the teeth marks on the hand he clamped over my nightlock.


"Let me go!" I snarl at him, trying to wrest my arm from his grasp.


"I can't," he says."




"Sometimes when I'm alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena." 





"...I ate your lunch."
Haymitch" 





"You're still trying to protect me. Real or not real," he whispers.
"Real," I answer. "Because that's what you and I do, protect each other." 





"I clench his hands to the point of pain. "Stay with me."
His pupils contract to pinpoints, dilate again rapidly, and then return to something resembling normalcy. "Always," he murmurs." 





"Closing my eyes doesn't help. Fire burns brighter in the darkness." 





"Because something is significantly wrong with a creature that sacrifices its children's lives to settle its differences. You can spin it any way you like... But in the end, who does it benefit? No one. The truth is, it benefits no one to live in a world where these things happen"







p.s Check out my video review of "Mockingjay" which contains spoilers!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment